|Founded||1999 by Jack Ma|
|Payment methods||Credit/Debit Card, Online Bank Payment, Wire transfer, Visa, MasterCard, etc.|
|More||Inspection Certificate, Trade Assurance, Customs Data, Secure Payment…|
|Money back guarantee up to 30 calendar days after the Date of Confirmed Receipt of the Products|
|24/7 online customer service|
Launched in 1999, Alibaba.com is one of the leading platforms for global wholesale trade. It is a B2B website that helps connect wholesalers primarily based in China with thousands of businesses around the world. Using Alibaba, a business can find a manufacturer to create bulk products and have them imported into their country.
Alibaba.com offers you hundreds of millions of products in over 40 different major categories, including consumer electronics, machinery and apparel.
Buyers for these products are located in 190+ countries and regions, and exchange hundreds of thousands of messages with suppliers on the platform each day – Whether it’s sourcing from mobile phone or contacting suppliers in local language.
A number of trust services are available on Alibaba such as:
- Inspection Certificate: It is a document certifying that merchandise was in good condition, or in accordance with certain specifications immediately prior to shipment.
- Trade Assurance: It is a free service for buyers provided by Alibaba.com. It secures your payment on Alibaba.com. Trade Assurance covers you in the event of shipping or quality-related disputes. You’re covered if:
- Your products are not shipped on time as per the contract with your supplier
- Your products do not meet the quality standards as per the contract with your supplier
Alibaba.com is owned by Alibaba Group Holding Limited, a Chinese multinational technology company specializing in E-commerce and retail service, Internet services, Cloud computing and artificial intelligence technology, etc. The Group also operates other related e-commerce sites, including Taobao, Tmall and Aliexpress.
Main difference between Alibaba.com, Aliexpress.com, Taobao.com and Tmall.com:
- Alibaba.com is a leading B2B platform for global wholesale trade serving millions of buyers and suppliers around the world. Most of the members on Alibaba.com are manufacturers, trading companies or resellers with bulk trade.
- AliExpress.com is a B2C global retail marketplace offering quality products at factory prices in small quantity. Your order amount can be as low as 1 item and you can pay safely using Buyer Protection service.
- Taobao.com is Alibaba’s online consumer marketplace (a C2C platform) for Chinese buyers. It is the world’s biggest e-commerce website and the eighth most visited website according to Alexa.
- Tmall.com (formerly Taobao Mall) is a B2C platform for local Chinese and international businesses to retail brand name goods online to consumers in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. It is the world’s second biggest e-commerce website after Taobao, and the third most visited website according to Alexa. On Taobao, customers tend to look for the best deals, while on Tmall, customers look for brands.
B2B = Business-To-Business / B2C = Business-To-Consumer / C2C = Consumer-To-Consumer